cat wings downtown
Collection of recipes, found objects, irritated rants, fond memories, photos, educated and uneducated opinions, letters, notes, drawings, doodles, arts & crafts, and more. Welcome to my world. Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.

+ FOLLOW ME ON BLOGGER +
+ FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN +




posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013
title : Automatic flushing toilets
...are not Eco-friendly. My college proudly boasts on a regular basis about the "new green LA building" and other new "green changes" on campus. All of the new buildings are being equipped with these auto flushing toilets and they are NOT green! Not to mention they are obnoxious!

(TMI alert?) They regularly flush while I am not sitting down yet or while I am still sitting, or while I am getting my bags together but still in the stall. The worst though is when one has broken & is flushing non-stop wasting hundreds, maybe thousands, of gallons each day.

And I get it. They are supposed to be more sanitary. Your hands do not touch any part of the toilet. You are, however, still touching the main door, the stall door, the toilet paper, it's dispenser, the knob on the sink, the list can go on. And you still sit on the toilet seat. 

Is all of that wasted water a fair price to pay for a transparent feeling of sanitation? Not to me, it isn't.

Labels: ,

Post a Comment