cat wings downtown
Collection of recipes, found objects, irritated rants, fond memories, photos, educated and uneducated opinions, letters, notes, drawings, doodles, arts & crafts, and more. Welcome to my world. Best viewed in Google Chrome, screen resolution 1280 x 1024.

+ FOLLOW ME ON BLOGGER +
+ FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN +




posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013
title :
I decided to eat my lunch outside today. It's gorgeous! A warm 70 degrees, light to no breeze, sunny, and a clear bright blue sky. After class I walked up to Zia's cafe, which is a super cute little cafe about a 15 minute walk from my school. To quote their website for a better feel:
Feel Good Food & Drink

At Zia's we offer wholesome & delicious food & drink for any kind of eater. We serve fresh fruit & vegetable juices, all-natural smoothies, fair-trade organic coffee, casual lunch fare & more! We focus on local & organic ingredients & we have healthy choices for meat-eaters, vegetarians, vegans & gluten-free eaters alike!

We have catering services for any event & our food is available at many groceries in the area. Food really can change how you feel & live. We invite you to discover how wonderful healthy eating can be!

Our Food Philosophy

We use organic produce and locally sourced ingredients when available. We support local farmers’ markets year round. We use antibiotic-free and hormone-free meats, poultry, and dairy. All free-range, no factory farming. NO white flour. NO refined sugar. NO hydrogenated oils, bleach or bromated flours and of course, NO HFCS. Our meat and poultry products are from the following all-natural distributors: Big City Farms, Full Circle Urban Farm, Black Rock Orchard, Springfield Farms, Richardson’s Farm, and Multiple Farms from the Waverly & Towson Farmers Markets.

I ordered a delicious Rainbow wrap, which includes avocado, sprouts, arugula, tomato, shredded carrots, hummus, dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette and wrapped in a whole wheat wrap. I walked back to The Glen Woods on campus and sat at a picnic table alone. It's so refreshing to sit outside at a picnic table with no one around but the birds, squirrels, and cats (yep cats do live in the Glen) knowing that I am really in the middle of a busy college campus; a moments peace before rejoining the herd of students hurrying back to their classes so I can sit through a discussion of King Lear in the corner of a small classroom with no windows. I like it much better outside.

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013
On my walk back to the Glen I decided to take some pictures, for no other reason than it was sunny and great lighting for outdoor photos. I was enjoying myself so much that I 1) forgot to read for class and 2) forgot all about having to go to class until 3:11 when I randomly looked at the clock when my class starts at 3:30 and is located all the way across campus. But I made it! I wasn't really doing anything though. I was just sitting there in the Glen, watching the robins digging around in the dirt with their tails up in the air, and squirrels rummaging around behind me to the point of having to turn around to see who was there, ha!

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

image (c) michelle 2013

It's just gorgeous outside! Who has time for class when it's awesome outside :)

Labels: ,


Blogger Pippa said on May 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM  

I agree! I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Post a Comment